Twitter
Share this article.

A Chiropractic Lifestyle
A Healthier Lifestyle

Lady playing tennisIt is well known that a consistent healthy lifestyle is the true key to optimizing your health potential and guaranteeing you a longer, healthier life. Your nervous system is the most important system in your body. Its role is to control and coordinate the function of every cell, tissue, muscle and organ in your body. Therefore, it is vitally important that you maintain optimum spinal alignment and function to keep your nervous system healthy.

Only 10% of your nervous system feels pain. The other 90% controls and coordinates all of your body’s functions including circulation, respiration, digestion and movement. Since only a small percentage of your nervous system feels pain, your body could be malfunctioning for months, even years, before you experience any symptoms. Many people believe it is normal to feel pain and discomfort as we age. This, however, is far from the truth. Pain is your body’s alarm system telling you something is wrong. As chiropractors, our goal is to find the underlying cause of your pain or condition and correct any interference to the nervous system, allowing your body to heal and function at its optimum potential.

"The preservation of health is easier than the cure for disease."
~ B. J. Palmer, D.C.

In choosing to live a healthy, chiropractic lifestyle, you are choosing to improve the communication throughout your body to your central nervous system. Providing enhanced information to your central nervous system allows your body to take care of itself better, heal quicker, fight off infections, help your internal organs do their jobs better, and even allow your muscles to function at a more optimum level.

Holding phone with shoulderWhile many athletes and weekend warriors will seek chiropractic care to help improve their performance, sports isn't the only reason to seek chiropractic care. Today, many people find themselves sitting at computers for hours each day which can hurt their posture and strain their necks, not to mention repetitive stress issues. Are you constantly picking up objects or children? Doing that balancing act as you carry stuff into the house while talking on the phone and unlocking the door all at the same time? Or maybe you get a stiff neck at least once a month from the unnatural act of holding your phone to your ear with your shoulder, falling asleep in the wrong position on the couch, or even a pillow that didn't cooperate and provide a good night's sleep. All these and more are just some of the reasons to see a chiropractor on a regular basis. Making sure that your spine and neck are properly adjusted on a regular basis will allow a chiropractor to make sure your spine and neck are in proper alignment, and to correct any subluxations (misalignments).

Here is an example I am sure everyone can relate to. I'm sure everyone of us has experienced using a garden hose and having someone step on the hose, ride over it with a bike, or even drive over it with a car. When this happens, the flow of the water is reduced or even cut off completely. Think of the nerves throughout your body as a hose. When your spine or neck is out of alignment, the nerves get pinched, and the information your body is trying to send to your brain is reduced or cut off completely. A proper chiropractic adjustment will get the information flowing again, allowing your brain to response to any problem your body is having. I'm sure you can see how having your nervous system performing at its optimum level will help keep you in better health.

The quality of your health is your biggest responsibility! Take control of your health today before it takes control of you tomorrow. Call today to take your first step toward a healthier, fuller life. Call Kempsville Chiropractic at 757.467.5258. You can also contact us using our appointment form. Want your family and friends to experience a better, healthier life too? Please recommend this article to them.



Related Articles


© 2013-2016 Kempsville Chiropractic

These articles are the property of Kempsville Chiropractic. They may not be reused without permission. You are welcome to link to this article. Kempsville Chiropractic has been proudly serving Virginia Beach, Virginia; Chesapeake, Virginia; and Norfolk, Virginia since 1996.

The contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Dr. Lombardozzi. The information on this site is not intended as medical advice. The information contained on this website is a sharing of knowledge based on the experience and research of Dr. Lombardozzi and his staff. Dr. Lombardozzi recommends that patients make their health care decisions after doing their research and consulting with a qualified health care professional.

Contact us at 757.467.5258 to set an appointment.