Healthy vs. UnHealthy Foods
As chiropractors, we are interested in whole-body health. We know that one of the 3 categories of stress is chemical stress, or toxins, (3 stresses = thoughts, trauma, toxins) which cause subluxations, or misalignments, in the spine. Food is either nutrition or chemical stress (toxins). Your nutrition is very important to us.
It is nutritionally important to choose good proteins, carbohydrates, and fats to reduce the amounts of toxins in your body. Here is a partial list of some good and bad foods.
- Grass-fed beef
- Hormone-free, range-free chicken
- Organic, free-range eggs
- Wild-caught fish
- Many beans
- Grain-fed beef
- Fish from fish farms
- Fried meats
- Chemically preserved meats
- Eggs with omega-3 added, or from chickens injected with hormones
- Most fruits: Berries top the list. Organic is better especially if you will be eating the skin. Consider local grown fruits and enjoy the variety of in-season eating.
- Most vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- Processed foods
- French fries & other fried foods
- Grains & breads
- Pastries, cookies, and most desserts
- Fruit juice, sweet tea, & sodas
- Coconut and coconut oil (best oil for cooking)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Healthy nuts: pistachios, almonds, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans
- Wild caught salmon
- Organic butter
- Trans fats, partially hydrogenated fats, and high polyunsaturated oils
- Canola & cottonseed oils
- Vegetable shortening
- Deep-fried foods
Call us at 757.467.5258 to arrange an appointment with Kempsville Chiropractic. You can also contact us using one of our appointment forms. In addition to helping you with your chiropractic needs, we would be glad to consult with you about your nutritional well being. If any of your friends and family can benefit from this article, please recommend this article to them.
- Great Nutrition Maximizes Your Health and Wellness
- 7 Foods You Should Avoid to Decrease Inflammation and Pain
- 5 Foods to Improve Your Health
© 2013-2016 Kempsville Chiropractic
These articles are the property of Kempsville Chiropractic. They may not be reused without permission. You are welcome to link to this article. Kempsville Chiropractic has been proudly serving Virginia Beach, Virginia; Chesapeake, Virginia; and Norfolk, Virginia since 1996.
The contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Dr. Lombardozzi. The information on this site is not intended as medical advice. The information contained on this website is a sharing of knowledge based on the experience and research of Dr. Lombardozzi and his staff. Dr. Lombardozzi recommends that patients make their health care decisions after doing their research and consulting with a qualified health care professional.
Contact us at 757.467.5258 to set an appointment.